Thursday, January 2, 2014

disBelief

I was feeling a little down this afternoon because I had to move some money around to satisfy some financial obligations.  In other words, I was dealing with the expensiveness of life.  I was trying to stay optimistic and kept reminding myself to be thankful that I had enough money to pay the bills.  I am grateful because I have been given more than enough.  I kept saying it over and over again to calm my anxiety.

I had forgotten to check the mail yesterday and so I stepped out my front door to find 2 things awaiting in my box.  One of them was a flyer from a local gym and the other was addressed to me with an unfamiliar return address.  My inner dialogue went something like this "Great, probably another bill!" *sigh* I stepped back inside cautiously opening the envelope only to be surprised to find not a bill but a completely unexpected check!

I am in awe.  Honestly.  And grateful.  And speechless.

I called my Mom and in her happiness she said "See, God always provides."

I am not religious.  (Although I do have a degree in Religious Studies) I wouldn't really call myself spiritual either. (Because for me that denotes something different than what I feel for "God" or my universe) 
 But I do believe in my own version of God.  I believe in the energies of the Universe and about treating people the way you want to be treated.  I believe in karma.  I believe you get what you put in and that sometimes when you least expect it the Universe will provide for you.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This has happened to us several times too! Isn't it crazy how that happens!? Glad it all worked out! :) xoxo.Sari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously wanted to cry (but didn't want to mess up my makeup! Ha) I am beyond thrilled. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete